Established in 1881, Abilene is one of the five most important art districts in Texas. Year round Abilene offers a wealth of adventure to experience from rodeos and concerts to a variety of festivals and great food. After enjoying some down time around the campground, visit downtown Abilene and make some memories -
- Take a walking tour of 22 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places
- Enjoy art and historical museums like The Grace Museum and Frontier Texas!
- Watch classic movies and live performances in the restored Paramount Theatre
- Listen to the Abilene Philharmonic
- Shop Artwalk, a monthly art festival showcasing street perfofmers and local artisans
- See artwork from famous illustrators at the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature
- Find character's statues from favorite children's books located throughout downtown
- Walk through the Abilene Zoological Gardens - look for the new baby Giraffe born 1/18!
Come back to camp and share your adventures with us!
Pool: May – September Max pull thru: 90 feet.
Your hosts: the Peoples family.
See our Guest Services Guide Online .