San Antonio / Alamo KOA - Finest Camping Deep in the Heart of Texas!
Join KOA's 2015 Campground of the Year for the finest camping in South Texas! Whether you are bringing an RV, staying in one of our campground's deluxe cabins or tent camping, we have everything you need to make this a fabulous vacation. If you are looking for the best camping near San Antonio, come to the San Antonio / Alamo KOA. This Kampgrounds of America location offers convenient access to local attractions, many ways to stay and plenty to do while you are here. Whether you love shopping, visiting local museums or enjoying a day at an amusement park, you can find your perfect vacation in San Antonio.
Our KOA in San Antonio is the perfect location, with easy access to the city's greatest attractions! This San Antonio RV resort is located just 10 minutes from historic downtown San Antonio. You can find convenience without the hassle of traffic and parking, with the city bus picking up outside of the park entrance. Now the city is home to a Historic National Park called San Antonio Missions, making San Antonio family vacations even better. The city is also a prime location for a romantic weekend getaway.
Ranked as a top travel destination in the US, San Antonio is home to two world-class amusement parks, Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. If you are an animal lover, you might also enjoy a visit to the 56-acre San Antonio Zoo. The city features multiple theaters and unique events year-round as well. The world-famous River Walk is also nearby and is home to amazing restaurants and unforgettable scenery. Plan your trip to include a visit to the AT&T Center for the 11-time Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) Large Indoor Rodeo of the Year or the 5-time NBA championship winners, the San Antonio Spurs. Did we mention it's less than 5 minutes away?
Here are a few other local area things to do:
- Tower of the Americas and HemisFair Park: This location was home to the 1968 World's Fair and includes a tower with an observation deck and a 5-star restaurant. In the park, there is a playground and a water garden, offering entertainment for kids and furry friends.
- Market Square (El Mercado): This bustling market hosts delicious food and drink, shopping and events, like live music and dancing.
- Natural Bridge Caverns: These underground caverns offer stunning views of natural rock formations. Above ground, you can also enjoy a mining experience and a zip line.
- San Antonio Botanical Garden: This 33-acre garden offers a tranquil escape with a wide variety of plants. The park also includes artistic sculptures throughout its landscape.
- San Antonio Museums: San Antonio is home to many fascinating museums. If you are interested in viewing art, you can visit the San Antonio Art Museum. Another local favorite, the Witte Museum, explores local history and much more.
Ways to Stay
We go big in Texas! This 300-site campground is big enough for even the largest group. You picked the perfect place for your next rally, family reunion, church retreat or party. Frederick Hall, the 4,000 sq. ft. enclosed pavilion at this KOA, has the tables and entertaining space you need for any event. Our KOA's 40-acre, gated park has over 20 camping cabins and 10 deluxe cabins to rent. Camping at the San Antonio / Alamo KOA means you will have the perfect place for any size group!
Here is a little more to know about our campsites in San Antonio:
- San Antonio RV Camping: Our campground has a variety of Pull-Thru and Back-In RV Sites. You can also choose sites with a KOA Patio® for a comfortable outdoor living space where you can relax with your family.
- San Antonio Tent Camping: All tent sites include water and electric. They also have a picnic table for outdoor dining and relaxation. You can choose from sites with a gravel or grass tent pad.
- Cabins in San Antonio: We have many lodging options, including deluxe cabins with full baths and showers and camping cabins, which give an experience more like camping but with the added convenience of leaving your tent or RV at home.
The Rohde family has owned this campground for over 50 years, and we are committed to making your stay one of a kind! We're constantly updating our promotions and partnering with local attractions to bring you San Antonio's very best. Whether you are looking for RV Camping or Camping Cabins in San Antonio, this KOA has the perfect option for you while you explore the local area.
Amenities and Recreation
We pride ourselves on creating a family atmosphere with events like weekly movie nights, tamale dinners and an annual chili cook-off. The activities director plans special family-friendly celebrations for major holidays, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
Not coming for a holiday? Do not worry! The pool is open year-round, and the campground always has bikes and pedal carts to rent. There are also many other recreational activities you can enjoy. If you like fishing, be sure to visit the catch-and-release fish pond. Kids will also enjoy the playground, basketball court and gaga ball pits at the campground.
Our San Antonio campground offers everything you could want for a vacation. This KOA offers incredible amenities like a laundry area, cable TV, 50 Amp service sites, a convenient supply store, made-to-order Hunt Brothers Pizza, a snack bar and a Cafe breakfast on site.
Don't leave your 4-legged friends at home. If you are looking for pet-friendly San Antonio RV parks, this campground is a perfect option. The campground includes pet-friendly lodging and camping options and backs up to the 7.2-mile Salado Creek Greenway, a gorgeous hike and bike trail, and a 4,000-square-foot KampK9® dog park is the perfect place for Fido to enjoy his vacation, too!
Join us at this President's and Founder's Award winning KOA Campground any time! Call or visit our website to make your reservations now. Your San Antonio vacation is just around the corner, and our staff can't wait to see you.