You’re going to be here a while, so it’s important to pick the perfect campsite for the duration. Once you decide your destination, check out the map of your selected campground to get an idea of where you want to stay. A lot goes into choosing the perfect spot!
Where will your extended stay plans take you? You may already have a location in mind. If you call yourself a Winter Texan, you may yearn for the Texas coastline, big cities or remote forests.
If you’re a snowbird who likes variety, check out the many KOA Sun Belt locations. Soak in the sun at a coastal location or connect with the past at a location near historic southern cities. Stay near forests, deserts, National Parks or any other type of land feature that you want to wake up to every morning.
With over 500 locations in North America, we guarantee that KOA is where you want to stay! Check out our locations to find the perfect spot to call home temporarily.
With so many location options, KOA can keep you close to a variety of attractions no matter where you stay. Click on the Local Area tab of your selected KOA location to find information on attractions. If you’re not familiar with the area or want an insider’s take on what to do, ask anyone in a yellow shirt. You’ll quickly see just how great our customer service is.
Some locations provide information on local attractions. Some even offer organized trips or transportation to nearby attractions. The staff can help you sign up for these options.
What type of attractions can you expect to see during your extended camping trip? It all comes down to location, but here are a few options in the Sun Belt states to consider:
- National Parks: Fully explore some great National Parks at a nearby KOA. You’ll find locations near almost every national park in states like Arizona and California.
- Beaches: Many of KOA’s Sun Belt locations keep you near the beach for a relaxing coastal escape. Florida, South Carolina and California offer many locations near the coasts.
- Big cities: Some people want to escape to remote areas, but others love being close to the city. If that describes you, decide which big city you want to explore on your extended stay. The chances are good that you’ll find a KOA location nearby.
Winter Texans have access to a variety of popular attractions in the state. Some of the most popular Texas attractions near KOA locations include:
- Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- San Antonio’s River Walk
- The Alamo
- Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- Dallas Cowboys Stadium
- Texas Rangers Ballpark
- Six Flags
- South Padre Island
The amenities set KOA apart from the competition. There is something for everyone! If your grandkids come to visit, take them to the Jumping Pillows, or one of the pools available at many locations. Feeling the urge to catch your dinner? Head to the fishing hole. Your furry family member also feels right at home with KOA’s pet-friendly locations and Kamp K9 dog parks.
Check out these great amenities for your extended stay:
- On-site convenience stores: Don’t worry about packing months’ worth of supplies. With our on-site stores, you can pick up the essentials when you need them.
- Laundry facilities: Thanks to the on-site self-service laundry facilities, you won’t have to pack a lot of clothes if you don’t want to. You’ll appreciate having access to washers and dryers for your longer stays.
- Kamp K9TM: Does your camping crew include a furry member? Kamp K9TM dog parks at select KOAs give your pet a place to run, play and explore safely. Call your local KOA campground for more information on pet policies and amenities.
- Clean restrooms: KOA makes sure you have a clean bathroom so that your extended camping trip is more pleasant and convenient. Jump in for a nice hot shower after a day of hiking, fishing or exploring.
- Activities: Check with your selected location to determine the specific activities available. Some of the common options include Jumping Pillows, pools, horseback riding, hiking, mini golf, basketball, climbing walls and biking.
- Rentals: Check in with the friendly staff to find out how to rent equipment for even more activities. Many locations offer fishing gear, bikes, water sports equipment and more as rentals. It’s a great way to try out some new activities!
- Relaxation: Many of our campsites and cabins include patios, fire pits and porch swings for a little relaxation during your stay.
- Special activities: Check the schedule at your selected KOA to find out about special activities offered. These activities vary by location, but they may include movie nights, pancake breakfasts, group games and themed nights. Anyone can participate — don’t be shy! It’s the perfect way to meet some of your fellow long-term campers.
Making Your Extended Stay Reservation
Planning an extended trip? Don’t wait to book your perfect KOA campsite. Extended stay campsites may be limited, and the campgrounds fill up quickly during peak times. Calling early ensures you get the spot you want at your preferred location for the duration of your trip.
Be sure to call the campground to reserve sites for stays longer than 28 days, as stays longer than this cannot be booked online.
When you call to make reservations, please be prepared to make a down payment to hold your spot. Ask us about special rates for extended stays. Reservation restrictions and requirements vary by location, so it’s best to talk to a friendly staff member at your preferred location to ask about cancellation policies, down payments, any stay length limitations, and restrictions on who can reserve a spot.