Scroll down for two quick and tasty potluck recipes that are sure to be a big hit at any event. For more amazing potluck options, check out KOA’s potluck recipes board on Pinterest
This first treat comes from the cooking ladies, scroll down to read more about them and visit their website HERE
• 2 avocados
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
• 1 diced plum tomato
• 3 tablespoons mild salsa
1. Wash and peel the avocados
2. Cut the flesh into chunks and place them in a bowl
3. Add the lime juice and the seasoned salt to the avocado chunks
4. Gently stir and break up the chunks with a fork. The texture should not be completely smooth. Some chunks should remain
5. Add the onion, tomato, and salsa. Gently stir to combine all the ingredients
6. Place the guacamole in a serving dish. Garnish with a wedge of lime. Serve with tortilla chips.
The Cooking Ladies, Phyllis Hinz and Lamont Mackay, are freelance writers, food and travel bloggers, restaurant consultants, cookbook authors, event speakers, and passionate RVers.
For 20 years, Phyllis and Lamont were successful restaurant owners. After the sudden, unexpected death of a young business partner, they sold their catering business, their houses, and almost all of their possessions. They bought a motorhome and began an amazing RV odyssey on the highways and back roads of North America to see where life would take them.
— — — — —
Quick Campers Apple Salad
½ cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
4 crisp green apples, cored and chopped
1 cup candied walnuts
1 ½ cups dried cranberries
In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently to coat.