Looking for a fun dip for entertaining? Try our yummy jalapeno popper tot dip for something your guests probably haven’t tried before. Or try adding three cups of cooked rotisserie chicken to make this recipe into a hearty dinner casserole.
Jalapeno Popper Tot Dip
- 1 (2lb) bag frozen tater tots
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced (green & white parts)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange tots in the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole. Bake until crispy, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile combine cream cheese, sour cream, lime juice and spices in a large bowl. Stir in chopped jalapenos and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Once tots are crispy, remove from oven, cool slightly and carefully spread cream cheese mixture over tots. Top with sliced jalapenos, followed by bacon and remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly and warmed throughout.
- To serve, top with green onions and avocado, then dig in with chips!