Salty and sweet, these tasty cereal bars are an easy make-ahead camping recipe that give the yummy and gooey taste of s’mores anytime.
Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 (10oz) bag marshmallows
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups graham cereal
- 4 full-size or 10 mini milk chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Butter or coat a 9×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and peanut butter in a large cast iron skillet set on a medium grill (or stovetop). Heat until melted and combined.
- Add marshmallows and cook, stirring often, until marshmallows are melted, and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in both cereals.
- Spread half the cereal mixture in the bottom of a 9×9-inch baking pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate pieces, peanut butter chips and mini marshmallows, pressing them gently into the cereal mixture.
- Gently spread remaining cereal mixture on top
- Top with remaining chocolate pieces, peanut butter chips and mini marshmallows, pressing them gently into the cereal mixture.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Makes 16 squares.
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.