Did you know you can make quesadillas for a crowd with one easy recipe? Try our sheet pan breakfast quesadillas to make breakfast a breeze.
Sheet Pan Breakfast Quesadillas
- 12 eggs ½ cup milk
- Salt & pepper
- ½ pound breakfast sausage
- 8 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups salsa 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Before leaving for camp, scramble the eggs with milk, salt and pepper and and store both in lidded container or zip top bag. Cook the sausage and store in a container or bag.
- At camp, preheat grill to medium and spray a half-sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange 6 tortillas around pan, allowing half of each tortilla to drape around the sides. Place another tortilla in the center of the pan so there are no gaps.
- Sprinkle tortillas with half of the cheeses followed by the pre-scrambled eggs, cooked sausage, green chiles, black beans, 1 cup salsa and top with remaining cheeses.
- Place the last tortilla in the center of the pan and fold in the other tortillas, closing all the gaps.
- Spray the bottom of another sheet pan with cooking spray and place on top of the folded tortillas. Top with a heavy skillet or pan and place on the grill.
- Cook for 15 minutes over indirect heat. Using a hot pad, remove the skillet and flip the top sheet pan so that it is facing the quesadilla rather than sitting on top of it.
- Use hot pads to flip both pans so the top of the quesadilla is now facing the grill. Set the top sheet pan aside.
- Cover grill and cook for another 10 minutes over direct heat until quesadilla is golden brown on the bottom.
- Top the pan with a cutting board and flip the tortilla onto the cutting board.
- Cut into squares and top with salsa, sour cream and avocado slices.
- Serves 10-12
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.