Florida sunshine, thousands of hot motorcycles and a half million of your closest friends . . . Welcome to Daytona Bike Week 2014.
Daytona Bike Week 2014 (don’t let the name fool you. It’s actually a 10-day affair held March 7-16) competes with the Sturgis, South Dakota Motorcycle Rally in August as the most popular motorcycle rally in the U.S.
The 2014 Daytona event is the 73rd annual version of the rally. The festivities include motorcycle racing, concerts, parties and street festivals. Just like the Sturgis Rally, Daytona Bike Week isn’t billed as a kid-friendly event, and many of the “attractions” during the week aren’t for the faint of heart.
But if you love motorcycles, there’s no other place to be in March. It’s a true “bucket lister.”
While there is certainly a fair amount of “hard core,” full-time riders who come to Daytona, many – if not most – are what are considered “executive riders.” Executive Riders love their motorcycles for the escape they offer. Cycling allows them to ditch their suits and ties and hit the open road and let their inner child come out and play.
Riders from all over North America funnel into Florida’s East Coast for the festivities. Anyone planning to attend Daytona Bike Week should remember that accommodations fill up fast, even in areas that are days away from Daytona. For that reason, KOA locations leading into and out of Northeast Florida are great options for the Bike Week faithful.
KOAs in Southern states are usually open all year, and all welcome riders headed south. All KOAs have Cabin accommodations, and many now have KOA Deluxe Cabins with bathrooms (and some kitchens). Check your route and visit KOA.com to see what’s available at KOA’s on your way to or from Florida.
Click HERE to take a peek inside our Deluxe Cabins
- The Loop: The Loop is a beautiful 22-mile ride full of open road, graceful curves and freedom that give every rider a dose of Florida sunshine and a great look at the scenery. You’ll cross the Inter-coastal Waterway before cruising along the Atlantic.
- Harley Davidson Display: Harley has a huge presence during the entire stretch of Bike Week. Don’t miss their gigantic display at Riverfront Park.
- Riverfront Park Welcome Center: Go to Beach Street between ISB and Main Street to get your Bike Week guidebook, as well as peruse a large amount of vendor tents.
- Chopped Baggers Bike Show: Riverfront Park at Beach Street hosts this event, too, on March 8 and March 15.
- Riverfront Park Rocks Concerts: Head back to the now-familiar stretch near Beach Street for live music every day.
- Bike Week Treasure Hunt: Earn a commemorative 2014 Bike Week Coin by getting your passport stamped at sponsoring establishments around Daytona. Ask about this fun event during your stop at the Welcome Center.
- Daytona Chamber of Commerce: Click HERE for the official Bike Week Headquarters website.
- Bike Week on Facebook: Click HERE for the Daytona Bike Week Facebook page.
- Harley Davidson: Visit the official Harley Davidson Bike Week website HERE.
- Daytona Beach Blog: Check out the city, and see what’s happening during your visit HERE.
- Tag-Along Motorcycle Tours & Transport: This is a good site for organized tours to, from and around Daytona. Click HERE.
- Daytona Beach Dining Guide: Hey, ya gotta eat! Click HERE.
- Ship Your Bike: Don’t want to ride all the way from home? Drive your car or truck down, and stay at KOA’s along the way while these guys bring your bike! Click HERE.