Breakfast takes on a Louisiana spin with this easy slow cooker bake.
Kick up breakfast with this recipe that’s as easy to make as it is to enjoy. It’s the perfect breakfast to feed a crowd made even better by the fact that it’s easily made ahead. You can even set the pot before bed to wake up to hot breakfast. Now that really is easy!
Slow Cooker Cajun Scramble
- 1 bag frozen hash browns (30 ounces)
- 1 lb sausage, browned
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Prep your sausage by browning slightly in a skillet. While it’s browning dice peppers and jalapenos.
- Begin layering ingredients in your slow cooker starting with frozen hash browns and adding sausage, peppers, jalapenos and cheese. Continue layering until ingredients are used and you’ve reached the top of the cooker.
- Whisk eggs and add Cajun seasoning. Pour mixture into slow cooker.
- Cook on high for five hours or cook on lower to extend cooking time.