These fun cookies are sure to get you and your friends and family into the holiday spirit!
- 1 cup (sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans or salted peanuts
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- ½ cup butterscotch or white chocolate chips
- ½ cup toffee bits
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted,
- Red and brown chocolate candies
- Googly eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry mixture to batter and mix to combine. Add oats to batter and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Note: you may need to use your hands to mix the dough at this point.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 21-15 minutes until golden brown.
- To decorate: Melt chocolate chips in microwave or over low heat, stirring constantly. Dip chocolate candies in the melted chocolate and place on cookie for the nose. Break pretzels into antlers, dip in chocolate and stick into warm cookies. Dip googly eyes in melted chocolate to complete your reindeer.
NOTE: feel free to use any combination of add-ins that sound good – you can use the ones listed above or try coconut, dried cranberries, dark chocolate, sprinkles, peanut butter cups, etc. Just try for a good balance of salty and sweet ingredients.
Makes a herd of about 4 dozen reindeer.