Roasted Turkey White Chili
A warm bowl of chili is always a great way to mark the change of the seasons. As the days cool off, this quick-to-prepare white chili is ready to eat in minutes. Those fortunate campers that find themselves at the Las Cruces KOA near Hatch, New Mexico probably already know they aren’t far from world famous chili pepper fields. Substitute fresh fire roasted green chilies for the canned variety for an extra special bowl of chili.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 4 oz can fire roasted green chilies, drained
- 2 14.5 oz cans white or navy beans
- 1 14.5 oz can of chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup cubed roasted turkey or rotisserie chicken
- Crispy seasoned tortilla strips
- Sour cream
Equipment: Heavy saucepan
1. Over medium heat, melt the butter in a skillet adding flour while whisking to make a paste. Add the sliced onion and garlic powder and sauté until soft.
2. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve garnished with crispy tortilla strips and sour cream if desired.