Try our yummy peppermint s’mores fudge. This minty take on a classic campfire treat is perfect for holiday giving or entertaining.
Peppermint S’mores Fudge
- 2 cups (2 packs) graham crackers
- ¾ cup butter, divided
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract, or more to taste
- 3 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×9” pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Use a blender or food processor to blend graham crackers into crumbs.
- Melt ½ cup of the butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs.
- Press into the prepared pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and remaining ¼ cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until chocolate and butter have melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of marshmallows, just until combined. Try to avoid melting the marshmallows.
- Spread on top of graham cracker crust and top with remaining marshmallows and crushed peppermint candies, pressing them into the fudge.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden brown, checking often.
- Chill until firm and cut into small squares.
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.