Looking for a classic camping cookie? We’ve got you covered! Monster cookies are a tasty treat that travels well and keeps campers coming back for more.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not the natural kind)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 scant tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups candy coated chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together butter, sugars and peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and beat to combine.
- Add oats and combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chocolate candies.
- Scoop by 2 tablespoonsful onto prepared pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown on the bottoms.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
Makes about 6 dozen
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.