Please every camper at your site with this easy, adaptable grilling recipe.
Jeannie Gilman, a KOA camper from North Chelmsford, Massachusetts, calls this recipe, “The easiest ever. It can also be made with sirloin tips or swordfish—or without meat for a vegetarian treat,” she says. “Just use firm tofu!”
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- 1 large bottle of light Italian dressing
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 green and 3 red peppers, cut into thick pieces
- 6 Vidalia onions, quartered and separated
- 1 pint button mushrooms, or baby portabella
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped well
- 12 bamboo BBQ skewers, soaked in water for an hour or overnight
- Place chicken and dressing into a large Ziploc baggie and marinate overnight.
- When ready for grilling, toss veggies with a little olive oil and chopped garlic.
- Make kabobs with the soaked skewers, chicken and veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper to season.
- Grill for 2 minutes each side, turning three times, until chicken is cooked through and the veggies have a nice caramelization.
“Serve with your favorite camping side dishes– YUM!” says Jeannie. And best of all, she says, “The bamboo skewers become tinder wood for the fire!”
Looking for more great recipes? Visit our collection of favorite camping recipes submitted by campers just like you!