Take an air fryer camping? We think you should try it! These air fried Green Chile Cheese Wontons are quick, easy and healthier than their fried counterparts.
Green Chile Cheese Wontons
- 1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 pkg wonton skins
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1-2 tsp. agave, to taste
- Salsa, if desired
- In a medium bowl stir together cream cheese, green chiles, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Drop a teaspoon of filling in center of wonton skin, Brush all four sides with water and pinch two opposite sides together. Pinch remaining two sides together at the center of wonton, joining all four sides together. Seal all edges.
- Arrange a layer in your air fryer basket, making sure to leave space between wontons. Bake for 7-10 minutes, depending on your air fryer. (Note: It’s best to cook one wonton as a test to see what temp works best for your fryer.)
- While wontons are cooking, combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Pour salsa into another bowl.
- Cook remaining wontons. Serve while hot with dipping sauce and salsa. Makes about 30-35 wontons.
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.