These protein-packed treats are one of our favorite ways to fuel up for a day hike or afternoon on the lake. They freeze well for traveling, too!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Camp Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter (not the natural kind)
- 2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- Chocolate kisses and/or mini peanut butter cups, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter. Mix until batter is thick and well-combined, about 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, leaving two inches between cookies.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes until lightly golden brown on the bottoms.
- Remove from oven and press a chocolate kiss or peanut butter cup into center of each cookie.
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.