Mexican street corn, or elote, is traditional street food in Mexico and it makes the perfect side for any gathering. By charring the corn on an open grill, then smothering in a cheesy cream sauce, and adding cilantro and chili seasoning you have yourself a delicious traditional dish!
Grilled Street Corn [Elote]
- 6 ears corn
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup cotija or feta cheese
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Lime wedges and additional cheese, for serving
- Clean, oil grates and preheat grill to medium-high heat. Shuck corn and place on grill. Cook for about 8 minutes, rotating every few minutes until corn has a bit of char on all sides.
- Combine mayo, sour cream, cilantro, chili powder, cheese, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Remove corn from the grill and carefully brush with the mayo mixture. Serve with additional limes and cheese. Serves 6.
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.