Enjoy a campfire twist on classic french toast using sweet blueberries and English muffins.
Looking for a quick and easy, but unexpected campfire breakfast for your next camping trip? Look no further than our recipe for campfire blueberry English muffin french toast. Ready in a snap and easy to clean up, this breakfast recipe will please even the most discerning camper palettes. Add some crisp bacon and a pot of fresh coffee and you’ll be dinning in style in no time!
Campfire Blueberry English Muffin French Toast
- 1 package cinnamon raisin English muffins
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Prepare grill for low heat and arrange split English muffins on a doubled-up tin foil sheet about 24×18 inches. To avoid spills, fold up the outside edges slightly.
- Whisk eggs, half and half and vanilla in a larger bowl and pour over muffins. To save on time and make transportation of your ingredients easier, make your mix at home and pack in cooler.
- Sprinkle pecans and blueberries on top of English muffins before covering your “campfire pan” with another piece of foil. Place on grill grate until egg is cooked through – about 30 to 40 minutes
- Remove from grill and top with more blueberries before serving with syrup or powdered sugar.
Note: Don’t worry if a bit of egg mixture sticks to the tin foil. Luckily, clean up is a breeze – when you’re done just ball up the foil.
Chef Rich Boggs is head chef at Caramel Cookie Waffles in Billings, MT.