Unique Camping & Glamping in New England
Camping is a wonderful activity, whether you want a quick getaway from the city or a retreat with friends or family. There are many ways to camp, from using a tent to staying in an RV or cabin. In addition to those standard ways to stay, many campgrounds also offer unique camping options.
Kampgrounds of America provide cool places to camp in New England. Depending on the location, you could experience glamping, yurt camping or other exciting lodgings.
Unique Types of Lodging
Enjoy a relaxing getaway by staying in lodging that lets you have the full unique camping experience. At KOA, you have many ways to enjoy glamping in New England. Each campground has different lodging options, but some of the unique ones besides cabins, tents and RVs include:
- Yurts: Enjoy staying in a yurt during your KOA camping trip. These structures are inspired and based on ancient shelters created by native tribes in Central Asia. Yurt camping in New England provides you with essentials to keep you comfortable, from a heating and cooling source to a comfortable bed.
- Cabooses: Get the ultimate camping experience while sleeping in a vintage train caboose from some of the country’s historic railway lines. Sleeping in a caboose is exciting for children and adults alike as you get to pretend that you traveled back in time during your stay.
- Tepees: KOA also provides lodging options inspired by the North American Plains Native Americans — tepees. The cone-shaped shelter offers fun glamping experiences for campers looking for a new way to camp.
- Airstreams: Like the cabooses, restored vintage Airstream trailers provide unique camping experiences for guests.
Where to Camp in New England With Extraordinary Lodging Options
When you want to experience unique camping in New England, consider staying with KOA. You have many choices throughout the New England states to enjoy camping and exploring. Many places in New England boast beautiful, mountainous sights, making the region a top camping destination. There are several KOA Campgrounds throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine:
- Connecticut: Visit quaint towns and take in the fresh, coastal air and quiet landscapes while staying at a KOA in Connecticut. The state offers stunning sights no matter where you go.
- Massachusetts: Brush up on early American history, relax on the Cape or take in the rolling hills during your camping trip at a Massachusetts KOA. As one of the original 13 colonies, the state offers much to do and see.
- New Hampshire: View breathtaking sights while hiking, skiing, fishing or biking near a New Hampshire KOA Campground. You and your family can enjoy the peacefulness of the area while relaxing and doing the activities you want.
- Maine: Stay at one of the Maine KOA Campgrounds when you want to embrace nature while camping. Maine boasts beautiful forests and coastal views for everyone to appreciate.
Book With KOA Today
Enjoy an extraordinary and unforgettable camping trip at a KOA with unique lodging options in New England. After visiting one location, ensure you travel to the others for a chance to try all the diverse ways to stay. Start planning your next camping trip by reserving a campsite at a KOA in a New England state today!
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.