Full of fresh summer flavor, this camper recipe is the perfect addition to your recipe box.
Loaded with fresh chopped tomatoes, mild mozzarella and delicious basil, this recipe, submitted by North Carolina camper Margaret Mundy, is the perfect addition to your menu whether you’re grilling at the your favorite KOA campground or at home. Pair it with a salad and Italian bread, and you’ve got a mouthwatering meal that’s done in minutes. Want more great recipes? Check out our recipe library!
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato dressing, divided
- 4 (1 lb) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pound for even cooking
- 1 medium Roma tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh (1 tsp. dried) basil leaves
- Place large sheet of heavy duty foil over 1/2 of grill. Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Pour 2 Tbsp. of dressing over chicken in zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- While marinating, combine diced tomato, cheese, basil and remaining dressing. Mix well.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard leftover liquid) and grill chicken on uncovered side of grill for 6 minutes. Turn chicken over–placing cooked side up on foil.
- Top with tomato mixture. Close lid and grill additional 8-10 minutes, or until done. Serves 4.