Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Crisp, colorful and crunchy, these simple and healthy spring rolls are a fun way to switch up your usual camping menu.
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 head green leaf or butter lettuce
- 1 bunch cilantro, mint or Thai basil, or a combination of all 3
- ½ pound cooked shrimp
- 1 box rice noodles cooked and drained
- 1 pack rice paper
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Water to thin, if needed
- Sriracha or hot sauce, to taste
- Chopped peanuts & red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Thinly chop or slice all vegetables and arrange on counter. Soak rice noodles in hot water according to directions on pack.
- To assemble: soak rice paper in a shallow dish filled with hot water for 10-20 seconds. Spread rice paper circle on a wet cutting board and layer ingredients, starting with shrimp. Tightly roll up rice paper starting at one end then folding in sides and rolling up completely (as you would roll up a burrito).