Add a little spice and Italian flair to your next campout with this camping recipe. Our Italian Sausage Sandwich recipe is sure to please!
- 6 mild or spicy Italian sausages
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 loaf prepared garlic bread
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Thread sausages and red peppers on one or two skewers. Grill over low heat until sausages are done. You can also poach sausages and finish on the grill.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, place garlic bread halves cut side down on grill to toast. Remove bread.
- Remove sausage and peppers from skewer and arrange on one half of the toasted loaf. Top with cheese and the other half of loaf. Cut into six sandwiches.