- 3 pints fresh, ripe mangos, diced (or frozen mango chunks, or other fresh, ripe, seasonal fruit, such as strawberries or peaches)
- 1 pint cucumbers, peeled and small diced, seeds removed or seedless English cucumbers
- Red onion, peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely diced
- 2 – 3 jalapenos, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped (to taste). If you want it hotter, add some of the seeds back in.
- Zest and juice of medium Lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- Honey to taste, about 1 tsp.
- Pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients, through sea salt, together.
- Add honey and pepper to taste.
- Keep in cooler until ready to consume.
- (Suggestions) Serve with tortilla chips, or as entrée topping. It’s great on fish!
Recipe contributed by Chef Michael’s Catering.