Enjoy Relaxation On The Water When Camping In Sturgeon Falls
If you like camping in a quiet environment with lots of space - this is your campground! The Sturgeon River takes center stage here. The town of Sturgeon Falls offers a serene natural escape where you can enjoy beautiful views, a friendly community and wildlife sightings. If you're looking for a place to go camping in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario, come to Sturgeon Falls KOA Holiday for convenient water access and amenities to make your stay unforgettable.
Things to Do in Sturgeon Falls
With access to museums, outdoor recreation and fun for the whole family, you will always have something to do in Sturgeon Falls. Here are a few things you can do in the local area:
- Learn some history: Visit the Sturgeon River House Museum, the Dionne Quints Museum or the Canadian Forces Museum of Aerospace Defense for local history and much more.
- Enjoy time outdoors: When you are not enjoying nature from a boat, you can enjoy a hike in the Duchesnay Falls Nature Trails or walk, bike and skate along Kate Pace Way.
- Spend time golfing: The Laurentide Golf Club has immaculate greens and sits along the Sturgeon River, offering beautiful northern Ontario scenery.
- Have some family fun: Take a Sunday cruise on the Chief Commanda or visit the Heritage Railway and Carousel Company for a ride on the carousel and miniature railway.
Explore Lake Nipissing
Enjoy camping near Lake Nipissing, a world-class muskie fishing lake, with northern pike, walleye, bass and more. Swim, fish, boat, kayak, canoe and paddleboat as you explore the area. Relax on one of the pontoon boat tours that depart right from the campground. Kids and adults love the 80-foot dock with a slide into the water. With a marina in the middle of the camp, you can bring your own boat or rent an aluminum fishing boat.
If you are looking to venture out into the lake, there are many prime fishing spots. Cache Bay is located at the mouth of the Sturgeon River for those wanting to stick closer to the campground. Lake Nipissing also boasts excellent fishing in popular areas like Hunters Bay, French River, Callander Bay and North Bay. The lake is relatively shallow and warms up quickly after winter, offering a comfortable place for swimming during your Lake Nipissing camping trip.
If you are looking for RV parks near North Bay, Ontario, with plenty to do, Sturgeon Falls KOA Holiday is an ideal destination. The campground sits along the banks of the Sturgeon River, which feeds into Lake Nipissing. With the easy water access, you can enjoy activities like swimming from the docks, venturing out to one of the beaches along the lake or taking a boat out for a fishing trip when RV camping near Sudbury, Ontario. If you'd rather stay on land, we have fan-favorite recreational opportunities like:
- Playground equipment
- Jump pad
If you would like to leave the campground for a day, you can find other recreation areas to explore around Sturgeon Falls, including:
- ATV trails: The West Nipissing ATV Club often hosts rides on local area trails.
- Community pool: The Sturgeon Falls Community Centre offers indoor swimming, wading and a fitness room.
- Berry and produce farms: Take a boat to Leisure Farms for strawberries, raspberries, corn, vegetables and pumpkins.
This Sturgeon Falls campground has everything you need to enjoy your holiday. The lodge has an outdoor kitchen, meeting room, game room and a KOA store. You will also have access to Wi-Fi, laundry facilities and firewood. If you bring a furry friend to the campsite, be sure to check out the Kamp K9® dog park area and dog beach!
Beyond making your stay comfortable, Sturgeon Falls KOA Holiday offers unique amenities to give you even more opportunities to enjoy the beautiful river flowing by the campground, including:
- Motor boat rentals
- Kayak, canoe and paddle boat rental
- Swimming docks
- Boat launch
Available Camping Sites in Sturgeon Falls, ON
Whether you are looking for cottage rentals in Sturgeon Falls or a campground near North Bay, Ontario to bring your RV, you'll find everything you need for a great camping trip. The available camping and lodging options include:
- RV Sites: This big-rig-friendly KOA location has 60-foot pads and 30-amp services, as well as 50-amp Pull-Thru RV Sites up to 110 feet long. All RV sites are full service and offer water, sewer hookups and power.
- Tent Sites: You can choose between sites with no hookups or pitch your tent on a site with electricity. Whichever you choose, you will enjoy a beautiful river view when tent camping in Sturgeon Falls.
- Lodging: This KOA location has lodging options for everyone. Try a Glamping Tent that extends over the water or lodge in an RV Rental, Camping Cabin or Deluxe Cabin. Our cabin rentals in Sturgeon Falls have access to the marina to enjoy boating, swimming, fishing and more!
If you are looking to camp with a group, Sturgeon Falls KOA Holiday has the space and amenities to help you create a memorable trip. You can book adjacent spots, set up group activities in the pavilion, play games like volleyball or basketball, and take river tours with up to 10 people.
Reserve a Spot Today
Whether you are planning a relaxing getaway for two or a family fishing vacation, Sturgeon Falls KOA Holiday has everything you need. Browse available lodging options and campsites today to find the perfect site at our beautiful campground near North Bay Ontario. Reserve your Lake Nipissing camping adventure today!
Max pull-thru: 110 feet. Your hosts: Greg & Gina Demers.