Salt Lake City KOA offers a full-service RV Park close to Downtown and Temple Square for an unforgettable camping experience
Welcome to Salt Lake City! We are located 14 blocks from downtown, where our shady, spacious campsites provide a perfect base camp to explore local attractions. The city's light rail system makes it easy to visit downtown attractions like seeing Temple Square, tracing your family tree at the world's largest genealogy library, or shopping at City Creek Mall.
Experience floating in the Great Salt Lake or see the world's largest open pit mine. Visit Park City and other mountain resorts for 2002 Olympic venues, with year-round activities. Entertain the kids at the Aquarium, Hogle Zoo, or Lagoon amusement park.
Camping downtown provides an endless list of activities. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff will assist in making your vacation memorable. At the end of the day, relax poolside or roast marshmallows around our group fire pits.
Salt Lake City KOA Holiday Has Something for Everyone
Salt Lake City is a stunning mountain region with adventure around every corner. Explore mountain canyons, take a moment to soak in the beautiful scenery of The Great Salt Lake, or visit your favorite city attraction. There are numerous options available for camping in Salt Lake City, Utah, such as:
- RV camping: Park in spacious RV Sites and enjoy all the amenities you could need, including picnic tables and personal fire pit rings for telling stories by the fire or roasting marshmallows.
- Cabin camping: Camping Cabins can comfortably fit your family as you rest for your next adventure around Salt Lake City. Families also have the option to stay in our Deluxe Cabins, which include a bathroom and fire feature so you can enjoy a hot shower or cook marshmallows together after a day of exploring.
- Tent camping: Experience the natural beauty Salt Lake City has to offer with our Tent Sites. Sleep under the stars with amenities such as the bathroom and Camp Store a short walk away.
Regardless of whether you choose traditional camping or glamping in Salt Lake City, staying at our campground can help you and your family relax and reconnect.
What to Do While Camping in Salt Lake City, Utah
Whether you love the great outdoors or are looking to explore man-made attractions, there is something for everyone staying at Salt Lake City KOA Holiday. No matter what you decide to do, you will have a stunning backdrop of the Great Salt Lake and Wasatch mountain range. Some ways to enjoy this beautiful area include:
- Visit the popular ski town of Park City for summer and winter activities.
- Hiking Ensign Peak and enjoying breathtaking views of the city.
- Walking, biking or playing a game of catch in Liberty Park.
- Exploring the past with the Pioneer Memorial Museum.
- Checking out a book or the café at the Salt Lake City Public Library.
Explore Salt Lake City Olympic Venues
Salt Lake City hosted the Winter Olympic Games in 2002 and continues to carry this spirit. Today, many world-class athletes train at the Olympic facilities, and visitors can experience Olympic greatness with activities such as ice skating or taking a luge ride.
Special Campground Amenities
The Salt Lake City Region has many opportunities for outings and attractions. However, if you need time to rest, Salt Lake City KOA Holiday has many recreational opportunities at the campground. Campers can also give back while they enjoy their vacation with KOA Care Camp Donation activities such as movies, pancake breakfasts and barbecue lunches and dinner. All the money raised during these fun events will go to KOA's Kids Care Camp Charity to help send kids with cancer to camps across the United States. If you are looking for general supplies, food, a gift for a friend or a souvenir, you can also stop by the Camp Store. Grab a few necessities or browse our souvenirs to help you remember your trip through Salt lake City and the beautiful Northern Utah mountains.