This easy, freezy summertime treat is a simple to make dessert that’s sure to be a hit at your next barbecue.
Because we can’t always be camping (unfortunately), here’s an easy and delicious summertime treat to make at home. Use our recipe as it or, instead of peppermint, try flavoring your whipped cream with 1/4 chocolate syrup and pair with chocolate sandwich cookies. Get creative and explore all types of flavor combinations!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- several drops green food coloring
- 16 chocolate mint sandwich cookies, crushed
- 8 ice cream sandwiches
- chocolate syrup and additional crushed cookies, for serving
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Using an electric mixer, whip cream to soft peaks. Add sugar, peppermint extract and green food coloring. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Add a thin layer of whipped cream to bottom of prepared pan. Layer four sandwiches in bottom of pan. (Note: you may need to cut ice cream sandwiches to fit, depending on length/brand). Spread half of the whipped cream over the top of the sandwiches and use a spatula to spread down the sides of the pan. Sprinkle half of the crushed cookies over the whipped cream and top with remaining sandwiches. Top with remaining whipped cream and crushed cookies.
- Freeze overnight. To serve, lift cake out of pan and remove paper or foil. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and additional cookies, if desired.