Looking to add a little something different to your next campground menu? Fajitas are a quick, easy and totally delicious option for campground cooking. Even better, our simple marinade starts with a favorite summer time cocktail – the margarita.
Campground Fajitas (+ Margaritas!)
- 1/3 cup tequila – add an additional 1/3 cup for each margarita
- 1 cup margarita mix – add an additional cup for each margarita
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1-2 pounds of chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red peppers
- 2 onions (yellow or red)
- salt and pepper to taste
- fajita toppings
- Add tequila, margarita mix and a a squeeze of lime to a glass as a base for your marinade. Grab additional glasses, fill with ice and mix up a few margaritas – using the same tequila and mix recipe – for you and your adult friends.
- While sipping your margarita, add garlic powder, cumin and cayenne to your marinade. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag, add marinade and let sit for 45 minute to allow flavor to incorporate.
- While chicken is marinating, chop and grill bell pepper and onions with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Grill marinated chicken breasts, season to taste. Slice after cooking
- Quickly heat tortillas on the grill before adding chicken, pepper and onion mixture and your favorite fajita topping.