Make a simple viewer to safely watch a solar eclipse.
- If the inside of your box is not white, cut a rectangle of white paper or card stock to fit the bottom of your cereal box.
- Cut squares to on each end of the top of a cereal box. Be sure to cut the side tabs.
- Cover one of the cut openings with tinfoil and secure with tape.
- Using a nail, pierce the tinfoil to create a small hole – this is where the sunlight will enter the viewer.
- To use, position yourself so the sun is behind you. Lift the box and look through the larger opening with the tinfoil side pointing above your head. You’ll be able to view the progress of the eclipse on the bottom of the box.
Want to learn more about the eclipse? Click HERE!