Don’t rush out to buy store-bought dog treats for your four-legged best friend. Try these easy, three ingredient dog treats for a simple and healthy treat alternative.
Easy Three Ingredient Dog Treats
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place oats in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until oats are pulverized into flour. Remove ½ cup of the oat flour and set aside.
- Add pumpkin puree and peanut butter and blend until combined, scraping sides and bottom of blender as needed.
- Sprinkle your rolling surface with some of the reserved oat flour. Use a spatula to remove dough from blender or food processor and place on rolling surface.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out dough about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm and dried out.
- Cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. They also freeze well!
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.