Start your day with our easy – and delicious – breakfast burritos.
Shake up your usual camping breakfast routine with our recipe for breakfast burritos. One of our most popular recipes, this tried and true breakfast is a great addition to any camping menu. Try it and tell us what you think!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped canned green chilies, drained
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pinch of pepper
- Dash of liquid hot pepper sauce, optional
- 4 10-inch tortillas
- Place butter in a large skillet and allow it melt over medium heat.
- Add onions and green chilies sauté for two minutes to soften.
- Add beaten eggs, pepper and optional hot pepper sauce and cook, stirring frequently to ensure eggs don’t stick to the pan, until done (but not dry). Sprinkle cheese on cooked eggs.
- Place a quarter of the egg mixture along one-third of a tortilla, about two inches from the bottom.
- Add optional topping such as salsa, sour cream or Greek yogurt before folding the lower edge and rolling from the side to form a burrito.
Looking for more great recipes? Visit our collection of favorite camping recipes submitted by campers just like you!