Lava Hot Springs East KOA Holiday is located at 100 Bristol Park Lane is open. We are located East of the World Famous Hot Springs. Walking distance of 5 minutes. Open year round for lodging only.
Lava Hot Springs East KOA is now a year round mini vacation destination. We offer a variety of newly renovated RV patio sites, and deluxe cabins with gorgeous views of the river and countryside. Enjoy clean shower facilities located at the office, and at the east bath house/laundromat. The pavilion is a wonderful place for families to gather and eat. Pavilion amenities: gas stovetop/oven, gas bbq, sink and seating for approximately 50 people. The pavilion does not have a refrigerator. The office staff will be happy to instruct guests for extra parking while renting the pavilion.
All of our RV and tent sites have fire pits, picnic tables, or tables and chairs. If planning to fish on your vacation, be sure to reserve an RV site on the river. Map reference #2-16. Fishing licenses are sold at the local Sunnyside Sinclair gas station on Hwy 30.
Downtown Lava Hot Springs is only a short walk away where guests will find the World Famous Natural Hot Springs, Olympic Swimming Complex and year round Indoor Aquatic Center with Kiddie Cove. See rates and hours on www.lavahotsprings.com
Floating the natural Portneuf River is a very popular adventure. Ask about tube rental discounts during your stay.
The RV and tent camping season is from April 1-October 31. Please call 208-776-5295 for accommodations from November 1-March 30.
Many new renovations occurred during the season of 2020.
- An additional 16 full hook up RV sites replaced the overflow tenting area located on the east end of the campground. Map reference #200-212, and #220-223.
- RV sites #86-92 are now full hook up sites vs. only partial hook ups.
- An additional 8 camping cabins with bathrooms replaced the small group tenting area located in the mid section of the campground. Map reference #L40-L47.
- The Loft of the A-frame is now available for year round lodging, accommodating up to 8 people, bathroom, kitchenette, fireplace and a relaxing view of the river from the deck.
- A new shop.
- RV sites #2-3, and #5-8 have concrete patios and curbing.
- RV sites #102, #210-212 have paw pens for your dogs.
- Tent sites #7-10 are now full hook up RV sites. Reference map #96-97, #204.
- New sewer lines through RV sites #2-14.
- Additional visitor parking located at the entrance.
- Several new trees.
- The construction of the group fire pit area, volleyball, horseshoe pits, and tetherball continues, and unfortunately will not be available for the 2021 season.