Welcome to the Adirondack Mountains, where you can hike, fish and explore!
Enjoy the Adirondack Mountain countryside's pristine mountains, lakes and streams when you escape the city to say at Lake Placid / Whiteface Mountain KOA. The Lake Placid and Whiteface region of the Adirondacks is one of the oldest vacation destinations in the country, and camping gives you plenty of opportunities to take in the big views, big scenery and big history this area is known for.
Located in Wilmington, NY, our Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain campground is your gateway to all the world-class recreation you will find in this region. That means fly-fishermen and hikers alike will feel right at home when choosing one of our tent camping or other sites as your home base. We are also an ideal destination for a romantic getaway or a family adventure in the great outdoors.
Lake Placid / Whiteface Mountain KOA Has a Way to Stay for Everyone
Lake Placid is the quintessential mountain region. Rolling hills, high peaks and majestic views are all waiting to be explored. Back at our campground, we have options and ways to stay to suit every visitor:
- Tent Sites: Wooded Tent Sites get you up close and personal with this beautiful region. We offer gravel and sand tent pad options. Upgrade your tenting experience with a Deluxe Tent site including electricity and a convenient charging station. Want some extra shelter? Our Lake Placid tent camping site with lean-to gives you the added benefit of cover. Regardless of your choice, you can unplug and relax in these beautifully wooded tent sites.
- Cabins: Camping Cabins give you and your family a cozy spot to rest up for your next Adirondack adventure, while Deluxe Cabins take your glamping experience to the next level by including a bathroom and kitchen.
- Unique Lodging: Complete with canvas walls and soft beds, our NEW Glamping Tents are our most unique accommodations.
- RV Sites: Enjoy spacious RV Sites with all the RV-friendly amenities you could wish for.
What to Do While Camping in Wilmington, NY
Whether you are a rugged outdoor enthusiast or are new to rustic pursuits, getting outside and exploring nature is a must-do when tent camping or staying at Lake Placid / Whiteface Mountain KOA Holiday campground. No matter when you plan your visit, this mountain region will beckon you with its beauty and incredible array of activities. There are plenty of ways to enjoy this scenic locale:
- Head to Whiteface Mountain for a brisk hike or to enjoy breathtaking views from the Cloudsplitter Gondola.
- Enjoy a relaxing paddle on Mirror Lake.
- Stroll past waterfalls and ancient rock formations at Ausable Chasm.
- Explore Lake Placid's artisanal food scene and quaint antique shops.
- Partake in an array of outdoor adventures, including horseback riding, fishing, hiking, cycling and mountain climbing.
Explore Lake Placid and the Olympic Stadium
Such a striking setting is why Lake Placid was chosen as the site for the 1932 and 1980 Olympic Winter Games. Today, the Olympic facilities are a training ground for world-class athletes as well as a place for visitors to experience their favorite Olympic sports. Try activities such as the Lake Placid Bobsled Experience or watch athletes train at the Summer Jumping Series and Saturday Night Ice Shows.
Special Campground Amenities
The Lake Placid region has so many diverse outings and attractions that you and your fellow campers are sure to have a vacation filled with excitement. However, if you need a day or two to recoup from this area's many outdoor offerings, you will still have tons of fun recreational activities to enjoy right here at Lake Placid / Whiteface Mountain KOA.
In the summer season, rent fun-cycles or partake in mini golf, hayrides, movies and special weekends that include dinners, music and plenty of planned activities.
Book Your Stay Today for the Best Camping Near Lake Placid
The Adirondacks contain some of the most spectacular natural wonders in New York. So, get out of the city and escape to this amazing destination which is only a day's drive from much of the Northeastern U.S., Quebec and Ontario. We know that once you experience the unforgettable adventures found throughout Lake Placid, you will return again and again.
Book your stay at Lake Placid / Whiteface Mountain KOA — the perfect blend of excitement, relaxation and comfort.