Welcome to the Adirondack Mountains, where you can hike, fish and explore!
As we look forward to the 2024 camping season, we are excited to welcome campers back to Wilmington and create new memories with our guests. We have great things in the works, and construction is already underway. We thank you for your patience and remind you that good things take time!
KOA, Inc. is eager to share updates on the property soon, and is committed to continuing the mission of ‘connecting people to the outdoors and each other' on this beautiful landscape. Be sure to check your join our newsletter and follow us on social media.
When you escape the city to stay at Lake Placid/Whiteface Mountain KOA you can enjoy the Adirondack Mountain countryside's pristine mountains, lakes, and streams. The Lake Placid and Whiteface region of the Adirondacks is one of the oldest vacation destinations in the country, and camping gives you plenty of opportunities to take in the big views, big scenery and big history this area is known for.
Located near the Ausable River this campground features a unique camping experience for all types of travelers. Amenities include a playground, access to the Ausable River with kayak rentals, fishing opportunities, beach access, hiking and biking trails, and a fully stocked camp store. Located northeast of Lake Placid, Wilmington, NY offers experiences for every outdoor enthusiast. Explore Whiteface Mountain, hike through the Adirondacks, go on an off-road adventure, or stroll through downtown Lake Placid. Whether you are planning a family vacation or a romantic getaway, let us be your basecamp for the great outdoors.
Lake Placid/Whiteface Mountain KOA Has a Way to Stay for Everyone
Lake Placid is the quintessential mountain region. Rolling hills, high peaks and majestic views are all waiting to be explored as hidden gems in New York. Back at our campground, we have options and ways to stay to suit every visitor:
- Tent Sites: Gear up for a rustic outdoor experience and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature. Grass tent pads and tree coverage help you reconnect with nature while you disconnect from life. Regardless of your choice, you can unplug and relax in these beautifully wooded tent sites for a primitive camping experience.
- RV Sites: Enjoy spacious RV camping sites for rigs of all sizes. Pull-thru and back-in sites with full hookups and water and electric offerings. RV sites can accommodate rigs up to 45 feet. Our tent sites offer a rustic outdoor experience.
- Cabins: Fun for the whole family awaits when you stay in a camping cabin. These cozy cabins offer electric, small refrigerator, table top fan and campfire ring. Deluxe cabins offer all the comforts of home including a kitchen, bathroom, and temperature control.
What to Do While Camping in Northern New York
Whether you are a rugged outdoor enthusiast or are new to rustic pursuits, getting outside and exploring nature is a must-do when tent camping or staying at Lake Placid/Whiteface Mountain KOA Holiday campground. No matter when you plan your visit, the Adirondack region will beckon you with its beauty and an incredible array of activities. There are plenty of ways to enjoy this scenic locale:
- Head to Whiteface Mtn for a brisk hike. Enjoy breathtaking views from the Cloudsplitter Gondola or one of the Whiteface Mountain adventure parks.
- Enjoy a relaxing paddle on Mirror Lake while camping.
- Stroll past waterfalls and ancient rock formations at Ausable Chasm.
- Explore Lake Placid's artisanal food scene and quaint antique shops.
- Check out state parks near Lake Placid, NY for an array of outdoor adventures, including fishing, horseback riding, hiking, cycling and mountain climbing.
Explore Lake Placid and the Olympic Stadium
Such a striking setting is why Lake Placid was chosen as the site for the 1932 and 1980 Olympic Winter Games. Today, the Olympic facilities are a training ground for world-class athletes as well as a place for visitors to experience their favorite Olympic sports. Try activities such as the Lake Placid Bobsled Experience or watch athletes train at the Summer Jumping Series and Saturday Night Ice Shows.
Special Campground Amenities
The Whiteface Mountain in Wilmington, NY and the Lake Placid region has so many diverse outings and attractions that you and your fellow campers are sure to have a vacation filled with excitement. However, if you need a day or two to recoup from this area's many outdoor offerings, you will still have tons of fun recreational opportunities to partake in right here at Lake Placid/Whiteface Mountain KOA.
Book Your Stay Today for the Best Camping Near Lake Placid
If you're looking for campgrounds with cabins in the Adirondacks, then look no further!
The Adirondacks contain some of the most spectacular natural wonders in New York. So, get out of the city and escape to this amazing destination which is only a day's drive from much of the Northeastern U.S., Quebec and Ontario. We know that once you experience the unforgettable adventures found throughout Lake Placid, you will return again and again.