We are open!
Cherokee KOA will open with restrictions with social distancing due to COVID-19 on May 18.
Set in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, and in the heart of Cherokee tribal country, the KOA in Cherokee, NC, boasts 360-degree views of the mountains, exciting activities for the whole family and an unforgettable camping adventure. Our quiet campground offers a serene getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life where you and your family can enjoy the best that nature has to offer. Cherokee KOA has a little something for everyone.
- Head out for adrenaline-fueled adventures in the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Test your fishing skills either at our family campground or at one of the thousands of fishing spots found throughout Cherokee.
- Set out for a day of fun in nearby Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge.If it's quality time with the family you're after, you'll find it right here.
- Roast marshmallows around the campfire or enjoy some of our family-friendly activities, like an outdoor movie feature, our fun playground, swimming pools and more.
No matter what kind of camping getaway you're looking for, we offer a variety of ways to stay, including - , RV Sites and even Camping Cabins and Deluxe Cabins, some nestled along the Raven Fork River. If you're looking for a place to unwind as you listen to the rushing river or gaze up at the starry skies, book your stay at Cherokee KOA today.
What to Do While Camping in Cherokee, NC
Camping in Cherokee you have access to an endless number of activities, attractions and adventures. Whether you're a thrill seeker looking to try something new or your family needs a more kid-friendly activity, you're sure to find something for everyone.Cherokee KOA is a great base camp to enjoy a Smoky Mountain vacation. We'll put you up close to all the action:
- Enjoy a scenic drive of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Take a trip over to the Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
- Visit the local artisan shops
- Try out an exciting new adventure like white water rafting or tubing
- Head to one of the area's numerous hiking trails
- And many more attractions in Cherokee, NC
Plus, we're just one hour from the world-class attractions found in nearby Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, TN. These cities are known for their family-friendly attractions like Dollywood. We're also an hour east of Asheville, NC, and the luxurious Biltmore House and Gardens. There are also numerous museums located in Bryson City, only 30 minutes from our campground.
Cherokee Is an Angler's Paradise
In Cherokee, we're passionate about fishing. Cherokee has a 30-mile clear, clean and beautiful stream system that's always stocked with an array of trout. Plus, around every bend is another jaw-droppingly beautiful fishing spot. There are more than 40 shops throughout town, which can provide you with authorized fishing permits. Plus, area tackle shops can outfit you with novice or expert gear if you don't have your own. We've also put together a fishing guide for you if you're planning to fish during your stay!
KOA Cherokee campground is bordered on one side by the serene Raven Fork River and on the other side by three tribal trout ponds. Bring your rod and reel for some great fishing! If you're an avid angler, be sure to plan your camping trip to KOA Cherokee so that you can take full advantage of this East Coast fishing destination.
Explore the Heart of Cherokee Tribal Country
A trip to Cherokee, NC, wouldn't be complete without exploring this area's rich Native American history. Cherokee is the ancestral home of the Cherokee people. In fact, the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians still reside here. The area boasts 11,000 years of history and culture just waiting to be discovered by you and your family. Be sure to explore Cherokee's one-of-a-kind attractions, such as:
- Unto These Hills outdoor drama performed at the Mountainside Theater
- Oconaluftee Indian Village
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian
Special Campground Amenities
You'll Love at the Cherokee KOA. Trying to find the perfect place to stay during your family vacation can be challenging. After all, it's the details that make a getaway memorable, so you need a place that has something for everyone. Fortunately, there are endless things to do at Cherokee KOA campground! We strive to provide you with experiences guaranteed to create memories that last a lifetime.Your kids can burn off their abundance of vacation energy, and parents will get the time they need to relax and release the stress of everyday life. You don't even need to leave our campground to find great amenities such as:
- Themed weekends
- Indoor or outdoor pool and hot tubs
- Outdoor movie theater
- Bounce pillow
- Game room
- Kamp K9® offleash dog park for your furry friend
- And the Campfire Grill where you can grab a bite to eat
If that isn't enough, there are plenty of activities not far from the campground. Be sure to call our office to get your tickets in advance for exciting pursuits like:
- Horseback riding
- Tubing rentals
- Zipline canopy tours
- And whitewater rafting
Camping Sites Available at KOA in Cherokee, NC. Whether you are just here for a few days with the kids or need space for a big group, we have plenty of ways to stay at Cherokee KOA:
- Big-rig friendly RV Camping Sites
- Furnished Deluxe Cabins
- Rustic Camping Log Cabins
- Plus, Deluxe and Standard Tent Sites
Each of our campsites at Cherokee KOA offers campers lovely sites with beautiful views, a convenient location and friendly service.Book Your Stay Today at Cherokee KOA. We would love to be a part of your family vacation here in lovely Cherokee, NC, so book your campsite today.If you love the Smokies, make sure you extend your trip to our other Smoky Mountain properties at Townsend/Great Smokies KOA Holiday or Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg KOA Holiday.