The well known "Oasis in the Badlands" awaits you. Whether you visit us on an overnight stay or you decide to base here and explore the area for awhile, we provide you with many opportunities to make awesome memories.
Welcome to the Oasis of the Badlands! We are opening on time this season. New WiFi: get password from campground store.
Covid Virus information:
- If you prefer "curbside check in", call us on the phone 605-433-5337 from Interior or from the driveway. (Coverage isn't so good here, so we suggest you do this in Interior. We will get your name, and rig description, and Guest services will give you a packet, and lead you to your site when you arrive at the campground.
- The store is presently open to guests. We have all the usual amenities, including RV supplies, groceries and gifts. Please use hand saintizer in the store before touching merchandise.
- The cookshack is not open, due to staffing pressure from coronavirus.
- We request guests use facilities in their RVs, if available to minimize traffic on the bath houses, Thank you for your consideration.
- Our swimming pool is not open at this time. We are awaiting proper procedure notification before we will open it.
This remote and beautiful KOA is just 4 miles from Badlands National Park. The rugged beauty of the Badlands includes a rich fossil bed and the nation's largest protected mixed-grass prairie, where you'll find bison, bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, mule deer and prairie dogs. Some of the darkest skies in North America await stargazers, and opportunities for photography and hiking abound. The campground is in a quiet rural setting with hundreds of large shade trees beside the White River.
If you need to cancel, please call the campground directly. 605-433-5337. We need at least 48 hours notice to issue you a refund, additional time as noted here: RVs/tent sites 48 hours during regular season, 72 hours for holiday periods and the Sturgis Rally. 1 week for accommodation refund during regular season, 2 weeks for holiday periods and the Sturgis Rally. Email notification is not acceptable, you must call the campground. There is a $10 cancellation fee for any cancelled reservations.
Max pull thru: 120 feet. Your hosts: Bob & Karen Brown.-