Barbeque Pork Sandwiches
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 soft sandwich rolls, split
- Bread-and-butter pickles and potato chips, for serving
Place the pork in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Rub with the brown sugar, chili powder, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add ½ cup of the vinegar and ½ cup water.
Cook, covered, until the meat is tender and shreds easily, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours (the low setting will make total cooking time 8 hours, 10 minutes).
Before serving, transfer the pork to a bowl, discarding the liquid. Using 2 forks, shred the meat. Mix in the barbecue sauce. Serve the pork on the rolls with the coleslaw and the pickles and chips, if desired.
Note from KOA:
For a little more flavor, try mixing in a little BBQ sauce and brown sugar with the vinegar and water that goes into the crock pot. This recipe goes great with the Bleu Cheese Slaw recipe
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- salt & pepper
- 2 bags shredded cabbage (slaw mix)
- 2 bunches green onion (chop)
- 1 red pepper (dice)
- 2 cups bleu cheese
- 1 cup green olives (chop)
Mix all salad ingredients together. Coat with dressing mixture and serve chilled.
Note from KOA:
You can easily cut this recipe in half and it will serve 7-8 people. This recipe goes great with the BBQ Pork Sandwiches recipe.