2 cups raw fresh apples, peeled and diced
¾ cups sugar
2 T olive oil
1½ cups flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup baking raisins or dried cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine apples, sugar and oil in a medium mixing bowl. Add egg, mixing well.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl. Add to apple mixture, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moist. If mixture is too dry you may add apple juice to moisten.
4. Stir in fruit and walnuts.
5. Spread batter evenly in loaf pan, and bake for 50 to 60 minutes depending on your oven.