Crunchy, chewy and decorated for the season, these macaroons are sure to make your favorite happy camper smile this spring.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (14oz) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- Mini chocolate chips
- Pastel marshmallows
- Pink sprinkles
- Candy eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Whisk together egg whites, vanilla, sugar and salt. Add coconut and stir until well combined. Let sit for 10 minutes so coconut can absorb liquid.
- Form mixture into nests or teardrop shaped bunnies. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool and decorate.
- Use mini chips to make bunny eyes – use honey or melted chocolate to stick to macaroons. Cut marshmallows to form ears and dip cut side in sprinkles – use honey or chocolate to secure ears.
- Add eggs to macaroon nests – use melted chocolate to secure eggs, if desired.