How To Make a S’mores Buffet
1 package graham crackers
1 package Ritz crackers
1 package fudge graham cookies
1 package chocolate chip cookies
1 bag large marshmallows
1 bag toasted coconut marshmallows
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Assorted bars of chocolate (milk, cookies and cream, dark)
Assorted chocolate mints, (junior, thin, patties)
Assorted candies (Swedish fish, Starburst, gummy
Equipment: Campfire or gas grill, roasting forks
1. Arrange marshmallows, crackers and cookies and assorted ingredients in small serving bowls. Toast marshmallows over a fire or grill and use your imagination to create new combinations of ingredients.
• The heat of a toasted marshmallow usually isn’t enough to melt a piece of chocolate. Place a cracker on a square of aluminum foil and top with square of chocolate and other ingredients. Place the foil and cracker with chocolate on a rock near the campfire or grill to pre-melt before topping with a toasted marshmallow.
• Try cutting a small slit in marshmallow and stuffing with soft candies such as Swedish fish or gummy bears before toasting.
• For a shortcut s’more, use two fudge graham cracker cookies with a toasted mallow in between.
• Try crackers other than grahams. Ritz crackers are delicious with a small peppermint patty or thin mint and a marshmallow.
• For a taste of camping at home or in the RV, microwave a cracker with chocolate and a marshmallow for about 20 seconds before sandwiching with another cracker on top.
Serves as many as you can eat.