Salty and sweet, this tasty treat is sure to become a holiday tradition.
- 40-50 saltine crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans or sliced almonds
- ½ cup mini chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet or jellyroll pan with aluminum foil and grease with butter or spray with cooking spray. Arrange saltines in one layer in pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over saltines, then spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for 1 minute to melt chocolate.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate evenly. Top with toasted nuts and chocolate candies. Chill until firm and cut or break into pieces.