Classic rice crispy treats take on an adult twist with this favorite recipe.
- 1 cup pecans – toasted & coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1, 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. bourbon
- 7 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup candied pecans, roughly chopped (optional topping)
- Melt butter in large heavy pan. Add brown sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add marshmallows, bourbon, vanilla and toasted pecans. Stir over heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Toss to blend well. Press into a buttered 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle candied pecans on top and press gently into cookies so they will stick. Cool, cut into squares, large or small and enjoy.