Peanut Butter Banana Pudding
Classic banana pudding gets a salty sweet upgrade with drizzles of peanut butter. Packed in jars, it’s also a perfect dessert to make ahead and take on the road. This recipe is a keeper!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 4-5 bananas, sliced
- 2 ½ cups vanilla wafers (about half an 11 oz. box)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream to firm peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add pudding mix, milk and vanilla and beat until mixture starts to thicken, about 2 minutes. Fold in half of the whipped cream.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan with vanilla wafers followed by a layer of sliced bananas. Drizzle with half of the melted peanut butter. Spread pudding on top and smooth out. Top with remaining whipped cream. Garnish with more vanilla wafers, banana slices and drizzles of peanut butter.
- Alternately, you can prepare the pudding in an 8×8-inch baking dish and layer remaining wafers, bananas, peanut butter, pudding and whipped cream in mason jars or individual dishes.