Muffin Tin Chicken Pot Pies | Camping Recipes
Make these tasty little potpies at home for an easy to heat and easy to eat camping meal. Just wrap them in foil and reheat on the grill or the campfire coals. It’s easy as pie!
Muffin Tin Chicken Pot Pies
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. sage
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 2 ½ cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 (16oz) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 (6oz) tubes flaky biscuits (junior size)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and celery and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Add flour and spices and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in broth and milk, then continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Add chicken and vegetables and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Lightly spray 2 12-cup muffin tins. Open rolls. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each one into a 5-inch circle. Lightly press into prepared tins – you should have 20. Evenly distribute chicken filling between muffin cups. Pull up biscuit edges to form purses around filling.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until rolls have browned and filling is bubbly. Makes 20.