A hearty breakfast full of the good stuff is a must when you’re camping. This easy cast iron recipe from Lodge is sure to fill you up for a day of campground fun.
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 4-6 potatoes, half inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 jalapeño, sliced salt & pepper
- Set the Cook-It-All’s skillet/wok in a bed of coals. Preheat to medium-high heat.
- Cook bacon 3⁄4 of the way through (3-5 min).
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add cubed potatoes to bacon grease along with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown (12-15 min).
- Add onion, peppers and garlic. Mix well, cook until softened (10 min).
- Sprinkle bacon into skillet and stir.
- Crack eggs evenly over the hash.
- Place the Cook-It-All griddle on top of skillet/wok and cook until yolks are at desired temperature.
Since 1896, Lodge has been creating quality cast iron products in Pittsburg, Tennessee. What might seem as humble beginnings has lead to the company becoming a leader in the kitchenware industry. Known in homes and kitchens around the world, Lodge continues to innovate and create new products for home cooks and professionals alike.