This is one of our holiday favorites. Buttery, nutty treats that disappear as quickly as they are served.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. good quality bourbon
- 2 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking pan with two pieces of tin foil, overlapping all sides.
- For crust: beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add flour and salt and mix until crumbly. Press evenly in the bottom of the foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make filling. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, maple syrup and bourbon, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Once crust has baked, remove from oven and immediately pour filling over crust. Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Cool completely, lift foil from pan and cut into squares. Makes about 20-24 squares.