Wow your camping friends with this gourmet camping recipe for grilled oysters.
- 1 dozen oysters
- 1/2 cup small diced bacon
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3lbs fresh spinach
- 1 cup grated Parmesan and Asiago blend
- Salt and pepper
- Build a charcoal fire and place grill grate over flames. Heat a sauté pan over the coals and add bacon. Render until crispy, then add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Place whole oysters on the grill and cook until they begin to open. Carefully remove from grill.
- Shuck all oysters and reserve the oysters and liquid.
- Place a bed of spinach on each oyster shell before adding oysters and liquid. Top with grated cheese and return to the grill to melt.
Ken and Jessica Hess are traveling the country to share their love of all things barbecue with the world. From Alabama, Ken is associate pitmaster at Big Bob Gibson BBQ and a seasoned barbecue competitor. Amassing many titles and trophies, Ken has won the World Championship of Pork four times.