Green Eggs and Ham Cups
This Dr. Seuss inspired recipe is a healthy breakfast sure to please campers young and old.
These delicious, protein packed breakfast bites can be made ahead and then wrapped in foil and reheated on the campfire or campstove. Or skip the foil and reheat in the microwave. Yum!
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 slices ham
- 12 thin-cut slices of Swiss, provolone or cheddar
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine eggs, milk, spinach, onions, salt and pepper in a blender and mix until well blended and green, about 1 minute.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and put a piece of ham in each cup. Top each piece of ham with a slice of cheese, pressing both into muffin cup to create a cavity for the egg mixture. Add egg mixture, filling each cup almost to the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until eggs are set and no longer jiggle.
- Garnish with fresh avocado to garnish.