Foil Packet Camping Kabobs
These foil packet kabobs can easily be chopped/seasoned/prepared at home, and cooked over a toasty campfire. Another reason the KOA home office staff loves this recipe is the fact that each camper can customize their kabob. Don’t forgot this simple meal next time you’re camping at KOA!
- Beef or chicken
- Bell peppers
- Jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Small potatoes
- Zucchini squash
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- Lemon or lime juice (juice from ½ of lemon or lime)
- Chicken seasoning
- Powdered butter flavoring
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Lemon pepper seasonings dill
- Boil potatoes for approximately 4-5 minutes depending on size. They should still be firm and crisp, not mushy; they will finish cooking on the grill. Let potatoes cool completely before putting in foil bag.
- Chop bell peppers, onion and zucchini squash into large pieces.
- Put chopped vegetables, whole jalapenos, whole potatoes and whole mushrooms into a large foil bag with 1 clove chopped garlic, olive oil, lemon or lime juice, soy sauce, butter flavoring, lemon pepper seasonings, and dill.
- Cut meat into large stew size pieces. Put meat in a separate foil bag with 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 clove garlic, chicken seasonings, butter flavoring and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. When using more than one kind of meat, put in separate bags.
- Place the foil bags into larger 2 gallon Ziploc bags to store while traveling. To cook, remove foil bags from plastic Ziploc bags and grill for 8-10 minutes, turning after 5-6 minutes. Let sit before opening bags.