- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) can regular Dr. Pepper
- 1 teaspoon natural liquid smoke
- 1 (4-5 pound) beef brisket
- Dutch Oven
- Charcoal Briquettes
- Fire starter
- Prepare approximately 26 charcoal briquettes or a bed of campfire coals. In a 12-inch Dutch oven place the brisket with the fat side up. Pour the ingredients over the brisket in the order listed.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven and cook with 10 coals on the bottom and 16 coals on top for 45 minutes per pound of meat. Every hour you may need to resupply with hot briquettes or coals.
- This is also a great recipe to prepare at home placing the Dutch oven in a conventional oven and baking at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes per pound of meat.