Coconut Sweet Potatoes
Add a fun twist to a holiday staple with this sweet potato recipe.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup tasted pecans, for garnish
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut, for garnish
- Add potatoes to a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Thoroughly mash with a masher, ricer or electric mixer. Add coconut milk, sugar or syrup, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and pepper and mash again. Spoon into serving dish and garnish with pecans and toasted coconut.Note: To make ahead, spoon into a serving dish, omit garnish, cover and refrigerate. To reheat, cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until thoroughly heated. Remove foil, top with garnishes and serve.