Have a trick with your treats with these tasty cake pops. Easy to make, easy to eat and sure to please any ghost or goblin.
- 1 box red velvet or chocolate cake, prepared
- ¾ cup raspberry jam
- 24 cake pop/candy sticks (available at craft stores)
- 12 -14 ounces white chocolate coating wafers
- 24 green coating wafers (available at craft stores)
- black food decorating gel
- white candy dots
- freeze-dried raspberries* or red sprinkles
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add raspberry jam and combine until mixture sticks together.
- Using your hands, roll mixture into 20-24 1 ½ inch balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
- Melt white chocolate wafers according to pack instructions. Dip a cake pop stick into white chocolate and insert into a cake ball. Dip or spoon white chocolate to coat cake pop, add a green wafer and sprinkle with crushed freeze-dried raspberries or red sprinkles and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
- To finish, use black gel to create the pupil and add a white candy dot in the corner of each black circle. Cover lightly and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 20-24 cake pops.
*Available in the dried fruit section at Target or online.